This weekend in College Football is gearing up to be one of the most exciting slates of the season. With 6 matchups between ranked AP Poll teams, we are in for some good competition.
Before we take a look at our top matchups, let’s look at our updated SAM Top 25.
- Ole Miss (4) has broken the top 5!
- TCU (8) UCLA (9), move up in the ranks
- Oregon (11) has climbed their way back into the discussion
- Syracuse is still undefeated!
Now let’s take a look at the top matchups of Week 7.
- Michigan (5) vs. Penn State (12)
This BIG 10 showdown has it all. Maize out, Big Noon Kickoff, fierce rivals both coming in undefeated. Our model has Michigan at a 57.2% chance to win Saturday. Check out their (very similar) ratings arcs below.
2. Alabama (3) vs. Tennessee (10)
This SEC showdown is sure to excite. If Bryce Young is inactive, the Crimson Tide are going to have to dig deep to stop the red-hot Volunteers. Our SAM model has Alabama at a 55.2% chance to win on gameday. Check our their rating arc comparison below.
3. TCU (8) vs. Oklahoma State (13)
After taking down undefeated Kansas (30), a win in this game could give TCU an argument for a top 5 ranking. The SAM model gives them a 58.4% chance to win this game.
4. NC State (18) vs. Syracuse (23)
This is a must-win for Syracuse, to show they belong in the top 25. As for NC State, they are looking to fight off a second loss, which would completely ruin their already tarnished CFP hopes. The SAM model gives NC State a 53.2% chance to win this game. See their rating progressions below.
5. USC (6) vs. Utah (43)
Despite Utah’s low rank, this matchup is going to be quite the showdown. Can USC outscore Utah’s high-powered offense? The SAM model has USC with a 75.8% chance to win.
- Mississippi State (14) vs. Kentucky (52): MS State 68.8%
- Clemson (7) vs. Florida State (53): Clemson 78.11%
- Kansas (30) vs. Oklahoma (78): Kansas 64.5%
That’s all for this article, happy football watching!