After yet another exciting week in College Football, it’s time to break down the results and check out our updated Top 25. Check out the full rankings on my website here.
Key takeaways from Week 4:
- The BIG 10 is heating up–3 BIG 10 teams sit in the top 5, 4 in the top 10. Which team will be the first to fall?
- Tennessee has moved up to 11th overall after an impressive win against Florida (79)
- Kansas’ defeat of Duke (55) has pushed them to 15 overall! Rock Chalk!
- LSU and Oregon have moved their way up the ranks–do they have a chance at the CFP?
Now let’s look at some team progressions.
Minnesota and Tennessee are slowly, but surely climbing the ranks!
Texas A&M recovered nicely after dropping a game to App. State with a victory against Arkansas.
Penn State is continuously a top-ranked team in the nation! Watch out!
Games to watch in week 5:
- Ole Miss (10) vs. Kentucky (14): This matchup has big implications for both teams in the SAM rankings. The model has Ole Miss at a 54.7% chance to win–tight margin!
- Michigan (4) vs. Iowa (42): In their first road game, Michigan has to be wary of this trap game. The model has them at a 70% chance to win
- TCU (13) vs. Oklahoma (21): This top 25 matchup gives TCU a chance to prove that they’re back! The model has them at a 58.7% chance to win
- Alabama (2) vs. Arkansas (43): Arkansas has fallen far in our SAM rankings, but this doesn’t mean they can’t pull off a big upset! The model has Alabama at a 74.4% chance to win