After another exciting week in College Football, it’s time to take a look at our updated Top 25, via my SAM elo model. Without further adieu, let’s get into it–our top takeaways from Week 3:
- USC breaks the top 3. After walking all over Fresno State, the Trojans travel to Oregon state where they look to stay undefeated against a high powered offense
- Penn State is back! After a resounding victory against Auburn last Saturday there is no doubt that this team is for real. They’ve earned the 6th overall seed in our rankings!
- Tennessee is rolling on all cylinders–a matchup against Florida (57) is a great chance for this team to prove they’re legit
- Washington’s big win against MSU has moved them up to 12
- Rutgers has cracked the top 25! The Scarlett Knights are a wagon!
Let’s take a look at some key team progressions:
Washington’s beating of MSU has sent these teams on opposite trajectories
Some games to watch in Week 4:
- Tennessee (9) vs. Florida (57): This is Tennessee’s chance to prove what they are made of, while it is Florida’s chance to keep their playoff hopes alive. The model has the Vols with a 69% chance to win
- Rutgers (22) vs. Ohio State (1): Can Rutgers pull off the upset? The model gives the Scarlett Knights a 35% chance of winning on Saturday
- Maryland (36) vs. Michigan (5): This is Michigan’s first real test–while the model gives them a 66% chance to win, Maryland has yet to lose and could surprise the Wolverines if they come out flat